HIROSHIMA SPEAKS OUT (HSO) is a group of Hiroshima citizens dedicated to translating atomic bomb survivors’ stories and peace promotion activities.
- HIROSHIMA SPEAKS OUT
- Michiko Hamai
- Our purpose
- The purpose of this organization is to enable people around the world to learn the process by which A-bomb survivors were able to turn from feelings of hatred and retaliation. This will be accomplished through thinking about the experiences of the A-bomb survivors and their lives following the A-bombing.
- Our activities
- To collect stories written by A-bomb survivors in Hiroshima.
- To describe the damage caused by the A-bombing.
- To make an information page about events, articles, documents, books and symposia related to radiation and nuclear weapons.
- To collect messages from people around the world.
- To help people around the world have dialogue with A-bomb survivors.
- To network with other regions around the world contaminated by radioactivity.
- To develop educational materials.
- To host meetings and symposia.
- To publish books and make CD-ROMs.