A-bomb Victims’ Drawings
It is 1974, 1975, and 2000 or more when NHK recruits “Picture of the atomic bomb that the citizens drew”. There was an application of 1500 or more when Hiroshima City, NHK, and Chugoku Shinbun Publishing recruited it jointly in 2002.
Here, it introduces the part. Sentences described in the picture are spelt the situation, the explanation at that time, and the desire, etc. , and valuable testimonies.
* Reproduction of photos and drawings is prohibited. Copyright © Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
- 1. A man whose eye had popped out made his way in my direction.
- 2. Many who entered the river to escape the fire were swept away
- 3. Unable to save the girl's mother, I joined my hands in prayer.
- 4. Mother unable to save her child trapped under the building
- 5. Children trapped under their school
- 6. Mother unable to save her child trapped under the building
- 7. A mother who burned up trying to shelter her two children
- 8. A girl who died while asking for water near Tsurumi Bridge
- 9. A mother setting out to cremate her child
- 10. Corpse after carbonized corpse in and around the streetcar
- 11. Corpses of passengers still sitting in their seats
- 12. People who died crowded around a fire cistern
- 13. Mobilized students who had died in a pile.Mothers calling the names of their children.
- 14. Teachers and students of Municipal Girls School in a cistern
- 15. Barely breathing victims who took refuge in a burnt but standing building
- 16. Victims lined up in two rows on the tracks
- 17. Pulling the enormous number of corpses floating in the river into boats
- 18. Numerous swollen corpses with peeling skin floated on the surface of the river.
- 19. Charred corpses were carried one after another from the burnt ruins and cremated.
- 20. Cremating my own child